One of the most popular questions cable call centers get is:
How do I program my remote for my digital set-top box?
This isnt hard at all to do and unfortunately cable companies do not supply all the correct and necessary codes for your new digital cable service, so I will supply you with the resources on how to do this quickly and easily:
Basically you can find all the codes you need from one site, this site is Universal Electronics Corporation, they are the makers of your digital cable remote.
1) Simply go Here and click on the image of your remote.
2) Then Click on the device you need Programmed
3) Enter in your Device name and model number in the box right of that one.
4) Click on Device Code
Here is an example of the Instructions it will give you:
The following code is the the most popular for your brand.
1. PRESS the button for the device you want to program (TV, VCR, CABLE, AUD, etc.) then RELEASE.
2. PRESS and HOLD the SETUP button until the red LED for the selected device flashes twice, then RELEASE.
3. ENTER the 4 digit code for your brand from the list above.
4. You should receive 2 quick flashes on the LED for the selected device after entering your code.
5. PRESS the POWER button to test the code. (On VCR,LD,and CD players use PLAY)